Thursday, May 7, 2009

A goodbye

I am here writing because this seems the only way to let out…I don’t even know what is there to let out. I can only think of the people who I knew, the faces that I am not going to see anymore. The voices I am not going to hear. I am between reality and memories right now. And I am hoping that everything I hear in the past few hours was a nightmare, a bad dream that goes away when I wake up. But, my wandering mind is also telling me that a short phone call was real.

I dreaded opening my mail box. I was afraid of what I am going to find. But, I did.

I visited Ungshungmi's profile at Facebook, I read the messages and I remember someone with a wry sense of humor. I cried for a friend whom I wished I had known better. We learn what we have lost only when it is gone. Looking back it appears like a omen... his latest posts were all about taking rest, retiring...even his profile photo. I just hope he is resting well now.

Remembering his family and friends in my prayers. Rest in peace, Ameiungshungmi.

No comments: