Whose ideas are you living?
Whose life are you trying to build
Or to destroy?
You rob me of my thoughts,
You took away my story
To give me another beginning.
To silence me.
You have devastated my land and left it deformed.
You raped my mothers and sisters
You took away my fathers and brothers
I am left with pain and hatred
For my birth that was not me.
I have forgotten that I have a story to tell:
Of my rich inheritance
Of beautiful hills and clear streams
Of love and hope
Whose life are you trying to build
Or to destroy?
You rob me of my thoughts,
You took away my story
To give me another beginning.
To silence me.
You have devastated my land and left it deformed.
You raped my mothers and sisters
You took away my fathers and brothers
I am left with pain and hatred
For my birth that was not me.
I have forgotten that I have a story to tell:
Of my rich inheritance
Of beautiful hills and clear streams
Of love and hope
Of my people.
No comments:
Post a Comment